Client Size: SMB
Scope: Website Design, SEO and Social Media Coaching
Duration: Six Months
Thus far the new website has only been live a few months. Google search impressions are up 650%, Google search traffic is up 98.5%, overall visits are up 37.55%. We are tweaking the store front to continue to improve the visitor experience, which will only further add to improve conversions and overall revenue.
Web Design and SEO Tactics
- Created new WordPress website
- Focused on optimizing the website for product tag and category assignment
- Created an XML sitemap, so search engines could easily find and index products
- Submitted sitemaps to Google, Yahoo, and Bing for ease of indexing
- Integrated social media to help build branding and inbound links
- Classify product listing to allow for ease of movement through the website
- Begin using Facebook and Twitter to enhance online brand and traffic
- Continue to expand product descriptions to entice visitor purchase and search engine traffic
Why the Web Design and SEO Worked
WordPress is search engine friendly and the client was familiar with it. While we wouldn’t recommend WordPress for most e-commerce websites, in this case it was a good solution. It made it very easy for the client to add products, tags, and categories.