It’s weekly roundup time once again! Each week we are rounding some of our favorite posts from around the web. This week, you will find information from WordPress security and plugins to mastering your title tags. If you need help or more information related to WordPress, web design or search engine optimization then look no further.
Ready for another roundup? Let’s go…
WordPress and Web Design
- There is a Theme For That – A new directory to easy search and find a theme. It is kept up-to-date too.
- Site Design Improvements – Takes a look at 3 main things to look for in order to improve your site.
- Moving Your Site From Joomla To WordPress – Easy tutorial for this type of move.
- 9 Free WordPress Backup Plugins – A great list of free backup plugins.
- 14 Lousy Web Design Trends – Beware…these Flash-era design tactics might be making a comeback.
- Don’t Be A Pansy – Great web design is about making decisions.
- Simplify Your Web Design – Good web design is about simplicity.
- Reverse Engineering A Website Redesign – Much can be learned analyzing your competitors site redesign.
- 10 Harsh Truths About Corporate Websites – Interesting look at mistakes made in larger organizations.
- WordPress Security – A look at common security issues and security tools for WordPress.
- Your Social Media Icons are Doing Nothing – Social icons and driving followers is more involved than people think.
- 3 Ways Your Website is Losing Readers – Good blogs worry about more than just content.
- What to Do When a WordPress Plugin Causes Your Website to Crash – These simple steps will help reduce any downtime that a plugin crash will cause.
Search Engine Optimization
- SEO & Keywords – It’s important to think about conversions and not just ranking when it comes to SEO.
- Optimize Business For Local Search – Great tips on how to optimize business for local search.
- SEO Diagnostics – Use these tips to maintain your SEO and fix anything that needs fixing.
- Mastering Title Tags – A complete guide on mastering your title tags.
- Why Google Won’t Display The Right Title Tag – Just when you thought you got it right, Google can do what they want with your title tag.
- Google +Local Reviews – The complete guide on how to get local reviews on Google.
- SEO Power Tools – 13 tools to help with SEO.
- Rank Monitoring Beyond Google Webmaster Tools – There are other tools that can help you monitor rank
- 20 Content Marketing Tips – Good read on how to increase boost traffic, engagement and sales.
- 3 Free SEO Tools – Free tools to help you identify target keywords.
- Tag, You’re It! – LinkedIn is adding the ability to tag people in status updates and comments and I’m not sure how I feel about that.
- 11 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My First Blog – Great insights from Neil Patel.
- A Short Guide to Writing Good Copy – Copy that establishes trust, authority, builds relationships, and gets people talking, sharing, and buying is in high demand.
Did you come across a great article this week? Let us know about it in the comments below. Be sure to check back next week for another weekly roundup!