Happy Friday! We’re back again with a quick update on this week’s interesting articles on WordPress, website design, usability, SEO and social media.
This week there were some great articles to read and digest, but if you ask me, I think the WordPress podcasts stole the show.
It seems everyone is jumping into podcasting and this week there have been some fabulous folks chatting about design, usability, and best practices in WordPress businesses.
Podcasts are becoming an important part of the WordPress ecosystem, so I’ve given them their own section.
If you are a blogger or business and you’re considering WordPress for your platform of choice, drop in and listen to one of the podcasts. You’re learn a lot about the WordPress community and get an inside look into the development firms.
Web Design, WordPress and Usability
WordPress 3.9 is in beta 3 and the official launch date has been set for April 16th. Didn’t we just upgrade WordPress? Yes it seems the upgrades to WordPress are coming fast and furious, but updates means more functionality and this is a good thing.
If you read any article in the below link, read The Dangers Of Using WordPress Plugins From Untrusted Sources. This article will make you think twice before downloading and installing a bootleg copy of a theme or plugin.
- Really Break Grammar Rules on Websites: Part Two
- Quick Tip: Post Types, Taxonomies and Permalinks
- VagrantPress: A WordPress Development Environment for Themes and Plugins
- So You Have a Mobile-Friendly Website. What Now?
- Resilient Responses in Reviews
- How to Use Open Source Brick Fonts With WordPress
- Okay Themes Pulls Out of Themeforest, Rebrands as Array
- The Combination Of Jetpack and Dreamhost Security Settings Lead To Lost Comments
- 25+ Must-Have WordPress Plugins for 2014
- WordPress 3.9 Beta 3
- How Not To Market WordPress Products (or “Why Customers Don’t Care”)
- 7 Really Annoying Things About WordPress (and How to Fix Them)
- A Few Tips for Marketing Your WordPress Theme or Plugin
- The Dangers Of Using WordPress Plugins From Untrusted Sources
Internet Marketing, SEO and Social Media
- More Precise Index Status Data for Your Site Variations
- Local Landing Pages: A Guide To Great Implementation In Every Situation
- Experiment: What Percentage of Facebook Fans REALLY Saw Your Post?
- How to Edit Post Copy on Instagram
- The Complete Social Media Spring Cleaning Checklist
- YouTube Reveals the Secret Formula to Content Marketing Success
- Mobile phones and tablets chip away at desktop e-commerce
Podcasts and Recordings
- WP Unicorn Project Episode #10: Mobile First and Responsive Design With Steve Zehngut
- Matt Report: Leveraging customer data
- WP Tavern Episode 143 – Something To Smiley About
- Genesis Hours Hours With Carrie Dils, Jennifer Bourn, and Diane Kinney
- WPwatercooler EP82 – It’s not me it’s you – Resolving client problems
- Dradcast Episode 039: Pricing Drelema
Upcoming WordPress Events
- WordCamp Minneapolis – April 26
- WordCamp Austin – April 26
- WordCamp North Canton – May 2
- WordCamp Ottawa – May 3
- WordCamp Nashville – May 3
- WordCamp Connecticut – May 10
- WordCamp Miami – May 10 – We’re a sponsor and I will be a presenter.
- WordCamp Charleston – May 17
- WordCamp Asheville – May 30
As always, this is not an exhaustive list. If you know of any posts related to web design, WordPress or SEO then by all means do share! Post a comment below and let us and our readers know what we may have missed.
Many thanks to those of you who have emailed me with suggestions!