Welcome back to another weekly roundup post. We come across many great posts throughout the week and this is our way of letting you know about them. This week you will find “need to know” information on WordPress security, the deal on SEO plugins for WordPress, how to rank in the search engines, how to perform a competitive analysis and more.
Ready to dig in? Let’s go!
WordPress and Web Design
- How To Move Your Site From Joomla to WordPress – Use this easy tutorial if you need to move your site from Joomla to WordPress.
- Brad Williams on Secure WordPress Development – Security is extremely important so this is a must read if you write code.
- Are You Putting the Home Button to Good Use – Home navigation is still important.
- A 10 Year Visual History of WordPress – An interesting look at the development of WordPress.
- Going Bigger With Typography – Read about how big typography is trending.
- Using Data To Design Levels of WordPress Membership Site – Using data can be key to more revenue when designing membership sites.
- How To Disable Image Attachment Pages in WordPress – Ideal if you don’t want people to land on your image page.
- 20 Beautiful Events Production Website Templates and WordPress Theme – Check it out for inspiration.
- 3 Reasons To Perform Heuristic Evaluation – Learn why heuristic evaluation is important.
Search Engine Optimization
- 6 Killer Tips For Choosing A Great Blog Post Topic – Choosing the right topic is one of the most important things you can do when blogging.
- The Future of SEO Plugins for WordPress – What do these plugins really do and what is the future of them? Read on to find out.
- 5 Things I Wish Small Businesses Understood About Social Media – Good points!
- 5 Ways To Rank Outside of Your Physical Location in Google Places – How to rank outside of your home based city.
- 10 Ways To Make Your Blog Look Better – Easy ways to make your blog look better.
- From Matt Cutts: What To Expect in SEO in the Coming Months – Must read to stay on top of SEO.
- Key Factors to Effective Competitive Analysis as a Small Business – Learn how to spy on your competition.
- How Much Should You Spend on SEO Services – Make sure you are not overspending.
- How to Rank – Excellent guide on how to rank in the search engines.
- 3 Simple Techniques For More Persuasive Content Marketing – Learn what you can do to improve your content marketing campaigns.
- 3 Great Tools for Google Plus for Business – Read to learn more about marketing on Google+.
Come on back next week to find more great posts. We know we haven’t covered everything on this list so if you know of any awesome posts then please link to them in the comments below.